Saturday, March 23, 2013

DAY 32 - No building, Mo Coding

I believe that talking about programming is about as exciting as talking about insurance premiums for most people, so I will keep this short and sweet.

I did not venture over to the workshop today, instead, spent some time coding on the Arduino board to control the servos.  I found some code to enable a pushbutton switch to start the servo sequence, along with some really cool code to move the servos.  The results are shown below.  I was playing around with all kinds of movement.  Lots of fun, but difficult to keep straight what servo number is doing what at any given moment.

Fortunately, I have a good ability to read code.  I can't necessarily WRITE code, but I can understand it when I look at it.  Then, all that is left is to hack it up and make it mine.  Most of the code examples on the interwebs show you how to move a single servo 90 or 180 degrees.  I expanded this code to include 4 servos and, well, the results are shown below.


Eventually, I will use an Arduino MEGA that allows me to control more servos (up to 48 I believe).  This will be used to control all of the servos in the dome that actuate the doors, pie panels and move the Holo-Projectors.

The code for the pushbutton activation will be replaced with a remote switch to start the servos a-popin'

No comments:

Post a Comment