Sunday, March 24, 2013

DAY 33 - A day of rest

Not much to report here, other than I am all junked up on the Arduino coding.  I had an idea that once I started into the coding of the boards, I would not come back for some time.  The dialog in my head went something like this:


Dr. Peter Venkman: Scotty has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

There is something really satisfying about taking pre-written code meant to do one function, and re-purposing it for multiple items.  Obviously, it is very difficult to do a Google search for "R2D2 random Servo movement code" and expect to get anything in return.  So, we are left to our own devices in order to accomplish our goals.

I hooked up a SainSmart Sensor Shield V5 4 Arduino APC220 Bluetooth Analog Module Servo Motor in place of the protoyping breadboard with all of the wires.

Here is the link to the product.  Best 7 and a half bucks I have spent in a long time.

http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-sensor-shield-v5-4-arduino-apc220-bluetooth-analog-module-servo-motor.html


This "Shield" plugs in right on top of the Ardunio board and has a number of pins pre-soldered for the servos assigned to the digital output pins on the Arduino board.  It also has a nice power connection to power the servos independently of the Arduino board.

A little video of a couple of Clone Troopers doing some basic maneuvers.



I did test the Periscope lighting from last week, and I am happy to say that it still works !  Thank goodness for small favors.

I promise to get back to building something proper next week...










No comments:

Post a Comment